Closing date is September 3, 2018.
Woodard and Curran, Inc.
Wastewater Operator – R00632
–LOCATION OF JOB–COUNTRY: United States STATE/PROVINCE: New Jersey CITY: Bridgewater ZIP CODE: 08807
At Woodard & Curran, we handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance. Woodard & Curran also aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
The ideal candidate will work under the supervision of the Site Manager in the daily operations and maintenance of a complex Industrial Wastewater Treatment facility, along with the Collection and Distribution Systems as directed by the Site Manager. Responsibilities include water sampling, running lab reports, maintenance and repair of facility and treatment equipment, and adhering to Woodard & Curran’s health and safety guidelines.Â This position will be required to participate in an on-call rotation on weekends, holidays and outside normal workday hours. Will be required to respond to emergency or unpredicted situations.
* High School or trade school diploma is required, an Associate’s Degree is preferred.
* Prefer three to six years’ experience in wastewater treatment facility operation and maintenance, and we are open to training someone new to the field or with the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* New Jersey N2 or N3 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s License or the ability to obtain through the operator’s exam or reciprocity is a must.
* A valid New Jersey Class D motor vehicle operator’s license.
* Working knowledge of the principles, procedures, methods, equipment, materials, and tools employed in the operation’ and maintenance of Wastewater Treatment and Collection Systems.
* Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in wastewater treatment work.
* Knowledge of computer applications.
* Ability to read, interpret, and apply instructions, drawings and specifications for work assigned.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, other personnel, and the general public.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: